Thursday, July 29, 2010

Galilee!

Here are a couple of pictures from our awesome trip in Galilee!

This is on top of Mount Arbel on the Western shore of the Galilee just north of Tiberius. In the background is the North shore which includes Capernaum, Mount of Beatitudes, Bethsaida, St. Peters Primacy, and Tabga(a church to commemorate the feeding of the 5,000).



Brooke and Erin! I love them so much!



This is a 2000 year old fishing boat that was uncovered in the Galilee one year when there was a drought. It is suppose to be the kind of boat that Christ would have been on.



Nimrod's castle! My first castle! Not that I have visited any since but I would like to in the future:) It is crazy to visit a place and then have it hit you. "I am walking through a real castle!"





Mt Tabor. This is the first competing sit for the Mount of Transfiguration. Matt 17. This was another one of those "ah ha!" moments! I was able to stand on another spot where such an incredible event took place! This was where Moses and Elijah appeared and where the voice of God the Father was heard.





Should I spell it out for you?



S-Y-R-I-A! We weren't in Syria but you can see it in the background. We saw Damascus and talked about Paul on that very road almost 2000 years ago:) Acts 9

No comments:

Post a Comment