The Adventures of Greta Martino! I was walking around Egypt when I found this little triangle thing pointing out of the ground that I almost stepped on!
Ok... so it didn't happen EXACTLY like that. These pyramids are actually about 140 meters tall! This is actually THE Great Pyramid that I am conquering which built by the Pharaoh Khufu about 4000 years ago. Talk about history!I can't believe I got to see them in person! It all seems so surreal.
These next two are taken at an overlook of the great pyramids. These are two of my lovely roommates! Erin is on the left and Jill is in the middle.
I love these girls! They crack me up!
YEAH!!!
The Sphinx! Let's just say it was a fleeting relationship and we haven't talked since. I saw him kissing someone else.
There it sits guarding all the Pharaohs' tombs! Did you know that it actually wasn't Napoleon who took of the nose? The British blame the French and the French blame the Germans and the Egyptians blame the Turks. But our guide, Islam, says that all of the traditional stories are wrong. Apparently, long ago, the sand was up to the right below the head and that everyone would touch the nose and that is what wore it off.
This is the view from the top of Mt. Sinai. It was absolutely gorgeous! The picture does not hold a candle to how amazing it was. Even though Mt. Sinai is not represented very well in number of pictures it was definitely my favorite part of the trip.
Greta, this is so amazing!! I am so thrilled for you to have all of these awesome experiences. As your personal relationship counselor for several years now, I have to say: Ditch the Sphynx! He's sooo not cute enough for you! :) love ya girl.
ReplyDeleteWho in the world spelled Sphinx wrong? I'm so embarrased for that girl ;) lol
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you are in Egypt! Oh, and Jersulam too. yeah for having a blog now!!
ReplyDeleteIf that picture from Mt. Sinai doesn't hold a candle to the real thing, I've really got to see that place, because that picture is fantastic.
ReplyDelete